Western Digital off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Data Engineer . Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Western Digital Corporation (WDC, commonly known as Western Digital or WD) is an American computer hard disk drive manufacturer and data storage company, headquartered in San Jose, California. It designs, manufactures and sells data technology products, including storage devices, data center systems and cloud storage services.
Position: Data Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, (or a related field) or a minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience and training.
- 7 to 9 years Data Engineer or Support Engineer roles.
- 3+ year AWS Redshift experience.
- 2+ year experience in performance tuning and optimization of any SQL databases.
- 3+ year supporting ETL packaged software like Informatica or SnapLogic.
- Familiarity with concept of and experiences in performance tuning approaches related to MPP databases.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experiences in data modeling, including logical and physical design, normalization and denormalization.
- Expertise in performance tuning in one or more RDBMS such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, etc.
- Experiences in programing tools such as Linux shell scripting, Python, Java, etc.
- Experiences in analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of ETL and exposure to any commercial ETL tools (Snaplogic, Informatica, Alteryx, Matillion) and reporting (Tableau, Spotfire) tools will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Effectively and efficiently work with an enterprise environment involving very large data sets – millions of records in both databases and flat files.
- Experienced in requirements analysis, design, and development in the data Management application areas.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to understand issues, implement solutions, and influence others to implement solutions.
- Able to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities and a mix of quick hit, short, medium and long-term projects of varying priorities.
- High-tech, or manufacturing industry experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal relations skills required.