Wakefit off-campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Sleep Intern. Interested candidates can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Chaitanya Ramalingegowda and Ankit Garg co-founded Wakefit in 2016. It started as a memory foam mattress firm and transitioned into an online sleep company, which included mattresses, bed frames, pillows, and mattress protectors. In December 2018, it received $9 million for research and development, from Sequoia Capital.In late 2019, Wakefit introduced a sleep internship initiative where volunteers had to sleep 9 hours daily on their mattress for 100 days to bring focus on sleep health and to help analyze sleep patterns. The initiative received domestic and international recognition. Kumar Gaurav is the chief technology officer and Parasar Sarma is the vice-president.
Position: Sleep Intern
Location: Across India
Qualification: Any Graduate
Salary: Rs 1 lakh per month
- A completed degree in any field.
- A strong sense of self control while scrolling through social feeds and the ability to curb binge watching, even at a season finale level.
- Should be able to fall asleep within 10-20 minutes of hitting the pillow – or any flat sleeping surface.
- Should have a sleep conducive lifestyle – no late night snacking, excessive intake of caffeine or alcohol. A fitness regimen is a bonus.
- A curiosity for all things sleep, with sleep tips at his/her fingertips.
- A newfound propensity to fall asleep during virtual calls or meetings.
- A new approach of dressing and remaining in pyjamas/shorts/nightclothes 24/7.
- A history of falling asleep in class, during meetings and calls is considered to be a valuable experience.
- Strong point of view on bedroom and home aesthetics and should have tricks and tips up his/her sleeve on creating the perfect sleep environment.
- An affinity to pass time apart from screens, and should indulge in activities such as reading, listening to meditative music and other unplugged activities that promote good sleep.
- Motivation to sleep deeply and for the full nine hours on all nights, not just weekends.
- Should be well versed with the nuanced benefits of a nap and the art of taking a siesta.
- A healthy appreciation of bedroom products and a relevant knowledge in the right features that make for good sleep products.
- A compelling need to track sleep and fitness habits.
- A love for beverages and meals that induce sleepiness, such as rice or chamomile.