Verifone is conducting off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Software Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Verifone is an American multinational corporation headquartered in San Jose, California, that provides technology for electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point-of-sale.Verifone sells merchant-operated, consumer-facing and self-service payment systems to the financial, retail, hospitality, petroleum, government and healthcare industries. The company’s products consist of POS electronic payment devices that run its own operating systems, security and encryption software, and certified payment software, and that are designed for both consumer-facing and unattended environments.
Position: Software Engineer
Experience: 0-1 year
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Engineering Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of software development experience.
- Should have a sound C / C++ programming skills.
- Should have strong knowledge of OOAD and design patterns.
- Should possess good analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Should be familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Should have an excellent communication ability in written and spoken English.
- Experience in software application development, preferably experience in Industry.
- Specific Solutions (like payment) is desirable.
- Exposure to Python and Perl is desirable.
- Should be comfortable with UML.
- Develops software in C++ following the company’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given Problems.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other Verifone associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
Job Role: The position of Software Developer is responsible for developing software, creating and executing designs for small sets of new functionality. Besides good programming skills, the role demands good knowledge of design patterns. The one personifying this role will be expected to work in a fast-paced multi-dimensional work environment and must possess excellent inter-personal, written, and verbal communication skills. Sense of urgency, Self-motivation, accountability and commitment are some of the desired attributes.