Unisys is conducting off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Service Desk Associate. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions for the most demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys offerings include security software and services; digital transformation and workplace services; industry applications and services; and innovative software operating environments for high-intensity enterprise computing. We build better outcomes securely for our clients across the Government, Financial Services and Commercial markets.
Position:Service Desk Associate
Last date for online application: ASAP
- A minimum of a High School degree or equivalent with English as the primary language
- Experience: Minimum 1-year experience working in an IT help desk or Service Desk
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a relevant certificate course and/or relevant experience in Information Technology service delivery Relevant IT qualifications to a tertiary level
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good Knowledge on Operating Systems, Hardware, Networking and MS Applications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Multitasking and coordination skills.
- Excellent judgment skills to be able to properly evaluate situations and immediately provide effective solutions.
Willingness and ability to work in shifts (24 x 7).
- First point of contact for all end user reported issues or requests.
- Typically provides technical support for Internal and External customers.
- Responsible for providing the first-line of telephone technical support of hardware, Operating Systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Takes end to end Ownership of End User Issues till resolution and follow up as mandated by the process requirements.
- Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering.
- Maintains call quality and response times as per the agreed SLA’s. Maintains records of calls and ensure all cases are updated in the system.Support multiple clients through customer service professionalism and insight.