TCS off campus drives for multiple profiles are going on across India. Interested candidates are advised to register for the TCS Off Campus campus commune/ NextStep portal (NQT) as soon as possible.
TCS NextStep is an elite and exclusive web portal for freshers/ entry-level graduates who have just finished their graduation to get a job in TCS. Interested candidates, need to register themselves on the Nextstep TCS website.TCS will send a TCS Off-Campus drive invite once the recruitment drive scheduled.
Note: Be careful while registering for TCS Off-campus drive on the NextStep portal. A minor mistake can also lead to rejection of your application. All applying candidates are suggested to follow the below-mentioned steps. TCS has just introduced a new pattern in the recruitment process.
About Company: Tata Consultancy Services Limited is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 149 locations across 46 countries. TCS is the second-largest Indian company by market capitalization.
- Founder: J. R. D. Tata, F. C. Kohli
- Founded: 1968
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Revenue: 1.62 lakh crores INR (US$23 billion, 2020)
TCS NextStep Eligibility
There are two sections of TCS Registration available in the TCS NextStep portal. They are IT-Information Technology for Engineering/MCA/Arts/Science & Diploma graduates and BPS-Business Process Service for MBA graduates. Here is the eligibility and the registration process:
- UG, PG, and Diploma students (pre-final and final year).
- Students with any degree and specialization/discipline.
- Freshers with less than 2 years of experience.
TCS NQT-TCS NQT-National Qualifier Test:
- Conducted online (at Home) and physical (In-Centre).
- Two-year validity of NQT Score.
- Apply for an entry-level role in any corporate with the NQT Score.
What after getting NQT Score
- You can apply to any company that recognizes the NQT score and indicate your NQT registration number and score in the job application form of that company.
- Depending on your NQT score, you can apply to different companies and job roles that accept such a level of NQT scores.
- You can view the list of corporates in TCS brand acknowledge section.
TCS Smart Hiring Off Campus Drive
|Test||Careers National Qualifier Test (NQT)|
|Salary||As per TCS Standard|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||10 February 2021|
|Test Date||18 & 19 February 2021|
Eligibility and details for IT-Information Technology
|Job Role||Associate System Engineer|
|Percentage||60 % and above in Class X, XII, UG & PG|
|Backlogs||No Pending Backlogs|
|Gap allowed||Up to 24 months(2 years’) for the valid reason only|
|Experience allowed||Up to 2 Years|
|Job Location||Across India|
Engineering discipline/ branches Allowed
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electronics and Telecommunication
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Network Engineering
Eligibility and details for IT-Information Technology
|Specialization||Operations,Finance,Marketing,IT & Systems,HR|
|Job Role||Management Trainee|
|Academic Criteria||60 % throughout (Xth to Degree)|
|Education Gap||up to two years allowed|
|Backlogs||Backlogs not allowed|
|Job Location||Across India|
How to Apply TCS NextStep?
Steps To Register for TCS Off-Campus
STEP 1: Visit National Qualifier Test (NQT) website and click on “Register Now” (You can apply using Desktop or Next step TCS Android App).
- Step 2: Choose from the industry IT or BPS.
- Step 3: Choose your Application Type On Campus(CT) or Off-Campus(DT)(If not asked skip this step).
- Step 4: Enter your primary details like college name, degree, E-Mail Id, and Mobile number and click submit(Before that make sure the details are correct). After submitting your CT/DT Reference ID and password sent to your E-Mail ID.
- Step 5: Click on continue and provide your password and log in.
- Step 6: On the left side, menu bar click on “Application Form” and submit Personal, Academic, and Experience Details( In this step you need to upload your recent passport size photo and resume.
Step 7: After submitting the Application Form Download the system generated application form, which can be saved for future reference.
Note: Confused, you can refer to the Detailed process here: NQT application process
Track TCS Application: Now you can check your application by just clicking on “Track My Application” on the left available tab.
Note: The below data may vary accordingly
TCS Selection Process
- Written Test
- English Verbal
- Aptitude test
- Programming Logic MCQ Efficiency Test
- Coding Questions
Sectional test pattern 2020
|Topics||No. of Questions||Duration||Difficulty Level|
|Programming Language MCQ||10||20 min||High|
Section: Quantitative Aptitude
Number of Questions: 15 Time – 30 mins
Part-1: TCS Quantitative Ability
- Clocks and Calendar
- Permutations and Combinations
- Number System and HCF & LCM
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Ratios and Proportion
Part-2 TCS Quantitative Ability
- Work and Time
- Series and Progressions
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Arrangement & Series
Part-3: TCS Quantitative Ability
- Profit & Loss
- Problem on Ages
- Area, Shapes & Perimeter
- Numbers & Decimal Fractions
Section: C MCQ
Number of Questions – 10 Time – 20 mins
Part-1: TCS C MCQ
- Data Types in TCS MCQ c questions
- Functions and Scope
- Recursion and Iteration
- Questions on File Handling
- Questions on Array
- Questions on Variables and Registers
- TCS Questions on Loops
- TCS C MCQ Questions on Command Line Arguments
- Input and Output
Part-2: TCS C MCQ
- TCS Questions Misc
- Stacks and Queue
- Linked List
- Dynamic Programming and Greedy
- Searching and Sorting
- Time Complexity
Number of Questions – 1 Time – 30 mins
Number of Questions – 15 Time – 10 mins
- Fill in the Blanks
Ans. TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) is an Ability Test that assesses a candidate’s competencies and skills. Each candidate who completes the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) gets an NQT Score. The NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is applicable for all industries and job roles. The TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) is planned to be conducted every quarter. Candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores if desired. There are four Variants – NQT, Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test), Industry NQT, and Subject NQT.
- NQT is the mandatory test to be taken to register for Industry NQT and Subject NQT.
- NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is a prerequisite to appear for Industry NQTs and Subject NQTs.
- All tests will be conducted in the English language only and there will be no negative marking.
- Candidates who had appeared for NQT in October 2020 can reappear in February 2021 and in all the upcoming tests.
- Candidates who have an NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) may choose any test from the Industry NQTs and Subject NQTs.
- Candidates will be able to view/edit their details and add test(s) pertaining to Industry NQT and/or Subject NQT on/before the registration closure date.
- Candidates who select higher-level skills will not be allowed to select its basic variant. For example, if the candidate chooses Subject NQT – IT Programming then he/she will not be able to choose Subject NQT – Basic Computer Skills.
2. What is NQT?
Ans: NQT is a General Ability Test that assesses a candidate in the following areas:
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses English grammar, appropriate usage of the same, and reading comprehension.
- Reasoning Ability: This section assesses identifying words and numeric patterns, problem-solving, figural and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning, and visual-spatial reasoning.
- Numerical Ability: This section assesses number system, arithmetic, elementary statistics, data interpretation.
Note: The score of this test will be called as NQT Score (Cognitive Skills).
3. What is Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test)?
Ans: Attitude is a broad component covering work styles, personality traits, and dispositions relevant to the workplace. Attitudinal Alignment NQT tests the attitude alignment framework relevant for entry-level positions and provides an assessment report. The score of this test will be called as Attitudinal Alignment NQT Score.
Note: NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is a prerequisite to appear for Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test).
4. What is Industry NQT?
Ans: Industry NQT assesses awareness and understanding of a specific industry in the following areas:
- Industry structure – domains/sub-domains
- Operative language, processes, and practices
- Regulatory environment
- Specific business and technological trends
- Competitive landscape
- Each candidate who completes the Industry NQT gets an Industry NQT Score for that particular industry. For example, Industry NQT- Banking. Industry NQTs are planned to be conducted every quarter. The candidates can take the tests again to improve their previous scores if desired.
- There are Industry NQTs for multiple industries. The candidates wanting to showcase their expertise in multiple industries can appear for as many Industry NQTs as desired.
Note: NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is a prerequisite to appear for Industry NQT.
5. How will the NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) help me in getting a job?
Ans: The NQT Score (Cognitive Skills) is an assessment of general ability. Many companies conduct their initial selection of candidates based on their general ability scores. In addition, Industry NQT and Subject NQT scores can help you certify your talent in the areas that are relevant to the role that you are aspiring for.
- TCS is one of the companies that will use NQT Scores for initial selection. TCS iON team is in collaboration with other corporates to acknowledge the NQT Scores so that you can get a job in any industry or role of your choice.
Note: You need to apply for jobs on the respective corporate portal and meet their eligibility criteria. TCS Job Listing portal will be launched shortly and details will be shared. Only candidates with NQT Score will be able to register.
6. I appeared for NQT in October 2020, can I reappear to secure a better score?
Ans: Yes, you can reappear. Only your best score will be mentioned on the scorecard.
7. How long will my score be valid? Can I make another attempt to improve my NQT Scores?
Ans: Your NQT Score is valid for 2 years from the date of result publishing. There is no limit on the number of attempts. You can write the next TCS NQT (as and when it is announced) to improve your NQT Scores. The highest score from among your attempts will be considered as your current NQT Score.
8. Where can I register for TCS off-campus drive?
Ans: To register for the off-campus drive, register yourself at https://nextstep.tcs.com -> Register Now -> select IT(Information Technology)/ BPS(Business Process Services) -> select “Apply”. After Successful registration click on the “Apply to off-campus drive”.
9. If I already have a CT or a DT number, Do I need to register again?
Ans: If you already have CT or DT reference number, you can continue with the same number at TCS next step portal.
10. Can I make changes to my profile at TCS next step portal?
Ans: Yes, you can make changes to your profile by clicking on edit, except your name, Title, DOB, Address, Email ID, Telephone number.
11. How to change my test location?
Ans: You can update the test location while updating your application form until your application status is “Application Received”.
12. Where can I check my hall ticket/admit card?
Ans: You will receive your hall ticket after “Apply to off-campus drive” and the same can be accessed/ downloaded from your profile on the next step portal.
13. How will I get the result of the off-campus test?
Ans: The result of the off-campus will be sent to the registered email.