Red Hat is conducting an off-campus recruitment drive to hire as Technical Writer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Red Hat is an American multinational software company that provides open source software products to enterprises. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with other offices worldwide. It became a subsidiary of IBM on July 9, 2019. Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss, Red Hat also offers Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middleware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
Position: Technical Writer
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in IT, computer science, or an arts or language field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Red Hat products or related industry offerings.
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes.
- Communication skills in establishing and maintaining communication with subject matter experts and other project team members.
- Work closely with content strategists, engineering project teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality content for Red Hat products and solutions.
- Engage and collaborate with the closed loop customer feedback program to address.
- content gaps, act on direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement on the documentation experience.
- Keep up-to-date with product changes, customer use cases, and support issues by integrating with specialty groups from Global Support Services.
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver effective customer-focused
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue tracking tools.