Paypal is conducting off-campus recruitment drive to hire candidate as Solution Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: PayPal Holding is an American company operating an online payments system in majority of countries that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users. It charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.
Position: Solution Engineer
- Experience architecting applications in a ServiceNow cloud-based enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of object-oriented programming (knowledge of reusable code libraries, ServiceNow’s application of classes and methods).
- Excellent understanding of web services integrations (REST, SOAP).
- Experience and strong knowledge of database fundamentals (structure, relationships, PK, FK, inheritance).
- Experience with ETL and ServiceNow’s application of import sets, transform maps, transform scripts.
- Service Portal development experience (HTML, CSS, AnguarJS, Bootstrap 3.0) an asset.
Job Description: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s service management team is driving frictionless and effortless customer experiences and improving operational efficiency and customer satisfaction through a combination of process optimization and automation. Through the ServiceNow platform, we design, develop, and enhance experiences that better enable internal PayPal business units and processes. With an increased appetite from the enterprise, our solutions require scale across millions of daily transactions, an ability to sustain terabytes of data, and facilitate hundreds of real-time integrations, all while ensuring high availability to our customers. The PayPal ServiceNow architecture team is seeking an accomplished ServiceNow solution engineer. The ServiceNow architecture team is mandated with ensuring durability, maintainability, upgradeability, usability, and securability across all of PayPal’s ServiceNow environments. Reporting to the lead ServiceNow platform architect, the ServiceNow solution engineer will provide guidance and oversight aligned with architectural standards and best practices.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the platform administrators, developers (internal and external), and other key stakeholders – ensure alignment to overarching architecture and governance of the platform.
- Assist with architecture design and strategy across the ServiceNow platform, including but not limited to: application architecture, code deployment and repository architecture, environment & scale (10x) architecture, integration architecture, security architecture.
- Lead solution design across a wide spectrum of ServiceNow modules and capabilities, including but not limited to: ITSM, ITOM (Discovery), ITBM, SAM, HRSM, CMDB, service catalog, scoped applications, integrations (integration hub, web services, ODBC, JDBC), service portal, workflow.
- Collaborate with platform team and customer stakeholders through joint-application-design (JAD) sessions.
- Aid in translation of business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Ability to work effectively in a global team environment.
- Ability to translate complex topics into simpler terms.
- Ability to maintain specialist knowledge that is accurate and current.