Palo Alto Networks is conducting off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Sr Staff Backend Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organizations operate. Our mission is to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We help address the world’s greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, analytics, automation, and orchestration. By delivering an integrated platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of partners, we are at the forefront of protecting tens of thousands of organizations across clouds, networks, and mobile devices. Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
Position: Sr Staff Backend Engineer
- 4-10 years of solid experience building web applications in Java/J2EE.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.).
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s and Soap web services.
- Experience with open-source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat).
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies.
- Responsible for complete software development process including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment, and support.
- Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable Java code that scales and performs well for thousands of customers.
- Participate actively and be a factor to design and development discussions.
- Develop a strong understanding and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others.