Nielsen off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Software Engineer – Java Developer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Nielsen Holdings is an American, information, data and market measurement firm. Nielsen operates in over 100 countries and employs approximately 44,000 people worldwide.The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and is currently a component of the S&P 500.
Position: Software Engineer – Java Developer
- B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment.
- A Data Engineer who can provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Develop high-quality products on Core Java / J2EE platform.
- The candidate will follow Agile software development methodologies and adhere to best practices in the software development process.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and OO analysis & design.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java & Java EE conceptual and programming skills.
- Experience working with Java 8 Streams API and Functional Interfaces.
- Must have in-depth experience with test driven development processes using frameworks like JUnit/TestNG and Mockito.
- Experience in working on RESTful web services development & with frameworks like Spring Boot / Dropwizard, etc.
- Experience in working with RDBMS like Oracle / MySQL / MS-SQL.
- Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS Dynamo DB) / Columnar DBs (Cassandra).
- Ability to build configuration scripts using tools like Ant / Maven.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hive, Hadoop.
- Experience with Scala, Reactive Programming.
- Experience in working with search platforms like Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search.
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.