India Post Office is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the post of Staff Car Driver.
About: The Department of Posts (DoP), trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India, which is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Communications. Generally called “the Post Office” in India, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world. Founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie who laid the foundation for the modern Indian postal service. Dalhousie introduced uniform postage rates (universal service) and helped to pass the India Post Office Act 1854 which significantly improved upon 1837 Post Office act which had introduced regular post offices in India.It created the position Director General of Post for the whole country.
Position: Staff Car Driver
Experience: 3 Years
Last date for online application: 30-09-2020
Salary: Rs.19,900 – 63,200/-
- Pass in 10th standard from recognized Board or Institute.
- Possession of a valid driving license for light & heavy motor vehicles.
- Experience of driving in Light & Heavy motor vehicles at least for three years.
- Knowledge of Motor Mechanism (The candidate should be able to remove minor defects in vehicle).
- Desirable qualification: Three years service as Home Guard or Civil volunteers
Age Limit (as on 30.09.2020): 18 to 27 years
Age relaxable by:
- 3 years for OBC candidates.
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Upto 40 years for Government Servants in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by Central Government.
Vacancies: 2 Posts
- UR: 01 post
- SC: 01 post