India Post Office is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the post of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, Postman/Mail Guard, Multi Tasking Staff.
About: The Department of Posts (DoP), trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India, which is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Communications. Generally called “the Post Office” in India, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world. Founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie who laid the foundation for the modern Indian postal service. Dalhousie introduced uniform postage rates (universal service) and helped to pass the India Post Office Act 1854 which significantly improved upon 1837 Post Office act which had introduced regular post offices in India.It created the position Director General of Post for the whole country.
Position: Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, Postman/Mail Guard, Multi Tasking Staff
Last date for online application: 02-09-2020
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, Postman/Mail Guard: 12th class pass from a recognized Board.
Multi-Tasking Staff:10th class pass from a recognized Board.
Age Limit (02.09.2020):
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, Postman/Mail Guard: 18 to 27 years
- Multi-Tasking Staff: 18 to 25 years
Vacancies: 58 Posts
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – 25 Posts.
- Postman/Mailguard – 14 Posts.
- Multi-Tasking Staff – 19 Posts.
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – Rs. 25,500 – 81,100 (Level 4 in Pay Matrix).
- Postman/Mailguard- Rs. 21,700 – 69,100 (Level 3 in Pay Matrix).
- Multi Tasking Staff – Rs. 18,000 – 56,900 (Level 1 in Pay Matrix).