Guideware off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Junior Software Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Guidewire Software, Inc., commonly Guidewire, is an American software company based in San Mateo, California. It offers an industry platform for property and casualty (P&C) insurance carriers in the U.S. and worldwide. The company has been cited as being among the 50 most desirable mid-size Bay Area companies (101 to 500 employees) to work for 2010-2012, and was in the “Top 50 Large Companies” in Glassdoor’s Best Places To Work for both 2015 and 2016.
Position: Junior Software Engineer
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills.
- 2+ years of work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise.
- Experience in building platforms/software using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud native technologies.
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience in building infrastructure as code using configuration tools preferably Terraform.
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available.
- Comfort with Linux system administration, bash scripting and ability to program using Go, Python, Java or equivalent.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems.
- Understand and educate teams on CI/CD pipeline best practices.
- Develop Infrastructure as code and deliver the platform as a product.
- Apply technical influence to improve the reliability of the platform and systems.
- Work in an agile team, pair programming and support deliverables.
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and collaborate with other teams.
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment.