Groupon off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Software Development Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Groupon is an American global e-commerce marketplace connecting subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in 15 countries. Based in Chicago, Groupon was launched there in November 2008, launching soon after in Boston, New York City and Toronto. By October 2010, Groupon was available in 150 cities in North America and 100 cities in Europe, Asia and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 cities worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally in 48 countries.
Position: Software Development Engineer
Experience: 1-3 Years
Last date for online application: ASAP
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/B.S/M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Java or Ruby on Rails.
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies and standard methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongodb, Redis, HBase, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with e-commerce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Algorithms and Data Structure.
- Experience in HLD and LLD.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, using agile methodologies.
- Is detail-oriented and has creative problem-solving skills.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Using service-oriented architecture (SOA) you will build/test for scale, performance, and reliability.
- You will take ownership of the technical aspects of our global technology infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being used to its fullest potential through designing and building applications around our customer’s needs.
- You will review and monitor current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as smoothly as possible.
- Work directly with our internal product teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively integrated with our third-party software, conceive and build the necessary applications to make this happen.
- Provide support for platform-related issues; Triage and fix issues reported by other teams to help with early resolution.