General Electric is conducting off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Software Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance.
Position: Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
- Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data).
- Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
- Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
- Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile.
- Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
- General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance.
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice.