Flipkart off-campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Software Development Engineer. Interested candidates can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007. The company initially focused on book sales, before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials & groceries, and lifestyle products.The service competes primarily with Amazon’s Indian subsidiary, and the domestic rival Snapdeal. As of March 2017, Flipkart held a 39.5% market share of India’s e-commerce industry. Flipkart is significantly dominant in the sale of apparel , and was described as being “neck and neck” with Amazon in the sale of electronics and mobile phones Flipkart also owns PhonePe, a mobile payments service based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
Position: Software Development Engineer
Experience: 6-9 Years
- Own a functional area from product conception to delivery.
- Given a fuzzy product requirement, work with other stakeholders, product to understand & refine the requirements and change them to tech requirements .
- Prepare high-level designs under the guidance and document them .
- Low-level design and code independently in multiple tech components related to functional area .
- Choose the right tech stack for a given situation under guidance from senior team members.
- Optimise any existing microservices .
- Take non-functional requirement (Reliability & Availability, Scale, horizontal scalability) into considerations while taking any decision.
- Build, develop, mentor and coach junior team members.
- Owning the quality of code, UT coverage, documentation etc .
- Collaborate with teams by contributing to the shared vision and working closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
- B.Tech or M.Tech equivalent with at least 6-years experience.
- Deep expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus .
- Good understanding of multiple tech solutions and ability to pick the correct one for the given situation.
- Prior work experience in an agile environment or continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI or CD).
- Ability and experience in designing high-level software designs of the scalable system, taking NFR (non-functional requirement) in consideration.