Flipkart off-campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Civil Engineer. Interested candidates can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007. The company initially focused on book sales, before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials & groceries, and lifestyle products.The service competes primarily with Amazon’s Indian subsidiary, and the domestic rival Snapdeal. As of March 2017, Flipkart held a 39.5% market share of India’s e-commerce industry. Flipkart is significantly dominant in the sale of apparel , and was described as being “neck and neck” with Amazon in the sale of electronics and mobile phones Flipkart also owns PhonePe, a mobile payments service based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
Position: Civil Engineer
- Ensure good understanding of the project requirements.
- Develop a plan of works for the delivery of the works.
- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders (designers, internal teams and contractor team) and ensure smooth delivery of the project.
- Constantly review and identify alternate construction methodologies/ opportunities that can deliver a quicker project delivery.
- Knowledge of basic building codes and with ability/ aptitude to refer and discuss whenever needed.
- Understanding local construction/ building/ labour laws and aptitude to enforce the same.
- Understanding of Green Building Requirements.
- Lead and manage the deliveries of the PMC and contractors and ensure that the agreed deliverables are met.
- Proactively lead and resolve all technical submissions, conflicts etc that may arise. This may need discussions with all internal and external parties.
- Ensuring highest level Quality Systems are enforced and maintained on site.
- Ensuring proper construction systems are maintained on site.
- Proactively identify areas of conflict or claim by the contractors, PMC etc and resolve the same in advance.
- Review and certify invoices, claims submitted by contractor, consultants.
- Participate during commercial discussions and proactively give inputs as and when required.
- Graduate Civil Engineer with 10 – 12 years of work experience in Industrial/ Warehousing Projects.
- Good Understanding of Construction Laws and National Building Codes.
- Experience in delivering Green Buildings.
- Knowledge in Contract management.
- Industrial & Warehousing Project Experience.
- Working Knowledge of Contract Administration.
- Quantity Survey.
- Planning & Scheduling.