Epsilon is conducting off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Developer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Epsilon is a global marketing company with offices around the world. For 50 years, we’ve been helping brands improve their marketing, build better customer relationships and find new customers.
Experience: 1 – 3 years
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent) or Masters with 1 – 3 years of experience with Python, C/C++, Perl, SQL and unix scripting.
- Design and solution capabilities.
- Rich knowledge and good experience in the Unix environment and capable of Unix Shell scripts (ksh, bash).
- Proficient knowledge of SQL with any RDBMS.
- Production support a plus.
- Ability to work within deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute on tasks.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate across teams, internal and external at all levels.
- Experience with Python, C/C++, Perl, and UNIX scripting.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases (Oracle preferred).
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Motivated to learn new technologies, applications, and domain.
- Possess an appetite for learning through exploration and reverse engineering.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and execute on many simultaneous requests.
- Work with internal clients to troubleshoot/resolve issues with file processing and conversions.
- Design and development with Python, C/C++, Perl, SQL, and UNIX scripting.
- Read, extract, transform, stage, and convert data to multiple targets.
- Unit testing and debugging. Perform root cause analysis (RCA) for any failed processes.
- Document existing processes as well as analyze for potential automation and performance improvements.
- Convert business requirements into technical design specifications and execute on them.
- Execute new development as per design specifications and business rules/requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and keep applications/code base in sync with version control.
- Effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to work independently but fully aligned within a team environment.
- Should be able to modify existing programming/codes for new requirements.
- Collaboration with team members, project managers, business analysts, and business users in conceptualizing, estimating, and developing new solutions and enhancements.