Cardinal Health is conducting an off-campus recruitment drive to hire as Associate Software Engineer. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Cardinal Health is an American multinational health care services company, and the 14th highest revenue generating company in the United States. Its headquarters are based in Dublin, Ohio and Dublin, Ireland (EMEA). The company specializes in the distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, serving more than 100,000 locations.The company also manufactures medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel, and fluid management products. In addition, it operates the largest network of radiopharmacies in the U.S. Cardinal Health provides medical products to over 75 percent of hospitals in the United States.
Position: Associate Software Engineer
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Science)
Overall 3+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience designing and developing systems for scale, high performance and or highly secure, and importantly high availability systems.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Self-driven and must have strong experience in the world of product development.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach in delivering software that optimizes technology architecture across business needs and keeping in mind technology constraints.
- Must not only have designed and developed code, but must have strong skills in unit testing and working with Testing teams.
- Must have very strong capability to influence stakeholders – about his/her solution.
- Must have the humility to back out in the face objections or when better options exist.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Hands on technical design, development and code review of solutions along with product development.
- Must have experience developing solutions leveraging OOPs and established design patterns.
- Independently able to develop code and integrate with existing solutions.
- Take full ownership of delivering quality code to QA.
- Experience with development lifecycle – including unit testing, code reviews in an Agile environment.
- Excellent collaborative attitude to be able to work with peers as well as QA, Support and Product Management.
- Good understanding of Core Java.
- Proven experience with Spring Java; overall expertise in J2EE frameworks and design patterns.
- Strong design and development skills with database technologies and MySQL in particular.
- Strong skills in HTML technologies including AngularJS, HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML and comfortable with responsive design using Bootstrap (and or have experience in ReactJS & NodeJS).
- Desirable – expertise in healthcare platforms.
- Must know principles and techniques involved to ensure non-functional requirements such as performance and security are factored during design and development.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) project methodologies.
- Have experience with writing code for high scalability systems.
- Must have experience in doing code reviews, writing unit test cases, and working closely with all stakeholders involved in product engineering.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Exposure to automated build and release processes would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.