Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the Indian Institutes of Technologies. The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to variouspost-graduate education programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian higher education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies. Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertakings for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions. It is one of the top competitive examinations in India. GATE is also recognized by various institutes outside India, such as Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
Finally, the wait is over for all the GATE aspirants and GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test ) 2020 update is out now. IIT Delhi is going to organize GATE 2020. For More Details on Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application Submission, Examination Centers, etc.), Examination(Pattern, Marks/Score, etc.) and Post-Examination (Answers, Contests, Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections please read the full article.
GATE 2020: GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 subjects ( papers ) and it would be distributed on multiple days i.e 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th of February 2020. The GATE examination centers are spread into different cities across India, as well as, in six cities ( Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore ) outside India. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all the 25 subjects. All the information regarding GATE 2020 can be found on the official brochure, published by IIT Delhi. GATE 2020 is the qualifying examination for admission into M.E./ M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITS, IIITs and CFTIs. Now GATE scores will also be used for PSU recruitment. The number of seats is expected to increase this time on account of EWS quota. Counseling for GATE qualified candidates will be through COAP for IITs and for NITs, it will be through CCMT. PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020 will be announced tentatively in September/October 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology).
- Final year students are also eligible for GATE 2020.
The process to apply online for GATE 2020 Examination: The applicants of GATE 2020 can get themselves registered by filing the GATE application form. Here is the process of registration:
- Registration: Interested candidates can apply by registering through GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) or by visiting Visit to http://gate.iitd.ac.in (Official website of the gate). Candidates will have to submit their name, email ID and mobile number during registration after which an enrolment number will be generated and must create their choice of password for future login purposes.
- Filling of Application Form: After registration, the candidates will have to provide their personal, educational, contact information and required details for GATE 2020. All the required details must be filled in the application form. The candidates will also have to select their choice of GATE paper and exam centers.
- Uploading of Images: The recent photograph, recent signature and category certificate (if applicable) has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities if applicable.
- Payment of Application Fees: Candidates will have to pay the application fee through online mode i.e., net banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee will vary as per the category and gender.
- Submission of Application Form: After completing the above-given steps, the candidates will have to submit their application form. Do cross-check all the details before submitting the application form.
Note: Download the application form or take a print out of the same for future use or reference.
Application Fees for GATE 2020
- Male Category (General/OBC) and Other
♦ Till the Fourth Week of September 2019: Rs. 1500
♦ During the Extended Period ( till the First week of October 2019 ): Rs. 2000
- SC/ST/PwD and Women (All categories)
♦ Till the Fourth week of September 2019: Rs. 750
♦ During the Extended Period ( till the First week of October 2019 ): Rs. 1250
- For Dubai and Singapore as exam centers
♦ Till the Fourth Week of September 2019: US$ 100
♦ During the Extended Period ( till the First week of October 2019 ): US$ 120
- For Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu as exam centers
♦ Till the Fourth Week of September 2019: US$ 50
♦ During the Extended Period ( till the First week of October 2019 ): US$ 70
Overview of GATE 2020 Syllabus
- Subject code covers 75% of the total weight.
- GATE examination has common paper known as GA with a weight of 15%. Which includes:
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Engineering mathematics is another common paper and holds 10% of the overall weight.
Official Syllabus for GATE 2020 Examination: e
GATE 2020 books: Check now
Paper code for GATE 2020: GATE 2020 examination is conducted on 25 papers each with a different code. Hence, the student must remember their respective subject paper code to avoid last-minute confusion. Here is the list of subjects with the respected paper code in which the exam takes place:
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
List of Photo ID’s for Indian Students
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN Card
- Valid College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Driving License
List of Photo ID’s for International Students
- Government Issued ID
- Employee ID
|Commencement of GATE 2020 Registration through GOAPS||
September 3, 2019
|Final Day of Registration||
September 24, 2019
|Final Date for Submission of Application Form||
October 1, 2019
|Dates for GATE 2020 Exam Paper Change||
3rd to the 4th week of October 2019
|Change of Defects in Application Form marked by Authorities||
4th week of October to 1st week of November 2019
|Change in Gender/ Category/ PwD Status/ Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||
Last week of October to 2nd week of November 2019
Final date for requesting change of test city
November 15, 2019
Release of GATE 2020 Mock Test
Last week of October 2019
Availability of Admit Card
January 3, 2020
|GATE 2020 Examination||
February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020
Release of GATE 2020 Response Sheets
1st and 2nd week of February 2020
|Correction Facility for Name||
3rd week of February 2020
|Availability of Answer Key||
3rd week of February 2020
|Challenging of Answer Key||
3rd week of February 2020
|Release of Final Answer Key||
2nd week of March 2020
|Declaration of Result||
March 16, 2020
|Release of Score Card||
3rd week of March to Last week of May 2020
GATE 2020 Mock Test
Mock test for GATE 2020 will be released by IIT Delhi tentatively in the last week of October 2019. Using the mock test, the candidates will be able to get familiar with the exam pattern and process and can get some confident by facing similar kind of questions before GATE 2020. It will be a stimulation of the real exam and will help the candidates in preparing for the upcoming examination. Separate mock test will be released for the various papers conducted by the authorities. The mock test will be 3 hours long and will consist of objective type questions as per the GATE 2020 Guidelines and syllabus.
GATE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of GATE 2020 will be released by the authorities on January 3rd, 2020. All registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website gate.iitd.ac.in after it is released. Candidates whose applications get rejected during the process due to some reason will not be able to access the admit card. All the details regarding the entrance examination such as venue, date, timings and more will be available in the GATE admit card 2020. All the applied candidate are required to carry admit card at the examination center with a valid Photo Id proof. Without admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination even though if their application is accepted.
GATE 2020 official Question Papers and Answers key
The authorities will be publishing the official question papers of GATE 2020 along with the provisional answer keys after the completion of examinations probably in 3rd week of February 2020. The correct answers to the questions asked in the examination will be present in the answer key which can be used by the candidates to calculate their probable secured scores using the official marking scheme. Along with the answer key, the candidate response sheet will also be made available. Objections against the provisional answer key will be accepted by the authorities for which a Payment of Rs. 500 must be made by the candidates for every challenge. After checking all the objections sent by the authorities, the final answer key of GATE 2020 will be released.
GATE 2020 Result
IIT Delhi will be announcing the official result of GATE 2020 on March 16, 2020, on the official website. Candidates will be able to access the result by logging in using their GATE credentials. Through the result, the candidates will be able to check their secured scores out of 100, qualifying marks for GATE paper, All India Rank and more details. The scores will be calculated by using the raw scores secured by the candidates in their respective GATE paper. For those papers which have multiple sessions, a normalization process will be adopted by the authorities. Candidate can follow the below steps to check the official result:
- Go to the official website – gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on the result link on the section.
- Enter GATE credentials like GATE enrollment ID/email address/registration ID and password.
- Click on Submit button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen for the candidates.
GATE 2020 Score Card
After the result is announced, the scorecard of GATE 2020 will be made available for download. The scorecard will be released tentatively in the third week of March and will be available tentatively till the last week of May 2020. Only those candidates who have met the qualifying cutoff will be allotted rank and be capable of downloading the rank card. The candidates will have to note that the scorecard will be valid for three years from the date of result declaration. Information such as GATE score out of 1000, raw score, category wise qualifying marks, rank and more will be present in the GATE 2020 scorecard. Candidate can follow the below steps to download GATE 2020 Score Card:
- Go to the official GATE 2020 website
- Click on the scorecard link.
- Log in through GOAPS using enrollment ID/email address/registration ID and password.
- Click on Submit.
- Download and print out the scorecard of GATE 2020.
Gate 2020 Poster: Click Here
Gate 2020 Official Notification: Click Here
GATE 2020 books: Check now