Amazon off- campus recruitment drive to hire candidates for Data Scientist Intern. Interested candidate can read the details and apply as soon as possible.
About: Amazon is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington. Amazon focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, along with Google, Apple, and Facebook. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world” as well as the world’s most valuable brand.Amazon is known for its disruption of well-established industries through technological innovation and mass scale. It is the world’s largest online marketplace, AI assistant provider, live-streaming platform and cloud computing platform as measured by revenue and market capitalization.Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world.It is the second largest private employer in the United States and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
Position: Data Scientist Intern
- Pursuing Masters or equivalent advanced degree from a top tier Technology school.
- Record of delivering large analytical solutions with business impact.
- Experience on R/SAS/Matlab and SQL.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Problem solving ability and passion for big data.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Masters or equivalent advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical discipline. Hands-on experience and project based learning in computer science, engineering or mathematics is preferred.
- experience in manipulating/transforming data, model selection, model training, cross-validation and deployment at scale.
- Academic or Project Experience with Machine and Deep Learning toolkits such as MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe and PyTorch.
- Experience with Big Data platforms like Apache Spark and Hadoop.
- Familiarity with data processing with Python, R & SQL.
Job Role: Amazon’s looking for Data Scientist to optimize one of the most complex logistics systems in the world. Academic and/or practical background in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Process Control are particularly relevant for this position. Experience in the integration of model-based engineering tools and/or multidisciplinary analysis & optimization is also a plus.
- Use data analyses and statistical techniques to develop solutions to improve customer experience and to guide business decision making.
- Identify predictors and causes of business related problems and implement novel approaches related to forecasting and prediction.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root.